Clocks, Watches/Young Town Quartz 12888 Chime Triggered

Carols of Christmas clock
Carols of Christmas cl  

Carols of Christmas clock
Carols of Christmas cl  

The movement on the Howard Miller Carols of Christmas clock (model # 645-424) I have has stopped running.  I cleaned the battery holder and put in a new battery but it doesn't run.  The carols play if I press the test button or move the hands by hand.

The movement is a Young Town Quartz 12888.  I have attached several pictures for you to see the setup.  You indicated to another submitter that there are a number of 12888's.  The hour and minute hands push on.  The shaft measures 5/16" or 8mm from the case.  Is this an item that I can purchase online? Is there a specific model number extension or code beyond the 12888.

I very much appreciate your assistance.

Hi Roger,
Young Town puts the number 12888 on just about everything they make. There are only a couple Young Town movements with the trip wires that I know of available here in the states. They both have a threaded portion at the base of the hand shaft that yours does not have. This threaded portion is 5/16" in diameter so it may not fit through the hole in your clock face. Also the hand shaft is much longer (close to 1/2").
I don't know if you will be able to use it but here is a link to it:

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.