Clocks, Watches/Boat Clock

Question
I need to replace the battery powered quartz movement in a boat clock, Seasprite II, Model 1030-002, Seth Thomas, General Time Corp, Athens, GA.  In addition to the normal three hands, it has a hand to indicate tide information.  It was probably manufactured about 20 years ago.  Please advise who/where I should contact to acquire a new movement.

Answer
Hi John,

You can contact www.timesavers.com or www.merritts.com for a new Tide and Time quartz movement. The phone numbers are listed on the websites.

You will need the hand shaft length for the right movement. Too long and the hands will hit any glass bezel. Too short and it will not  make it through the hole for the nut to hold the movement in place.
Check out this link for diagrams.

http://www.norkro.com/webpages/quartzinstructions.htm

Hope this helps.
Marilyn
The Clocklady
631-816-0431

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti