Clocks, Watches/Emperor 400

Question
I have the 301-M movement with the Lyre pendulum. I dont have a manual for it and it wont keep running. The second hand isnt working either when it does tick tock. Do you think the main spring unit needs replaced? I am not sure if that is its name. What should I due..I cant download the manual as product manual website wont give it to me for some reason even after signing up with them. Nothing is working and I am frustrated..I love this clock.
joe hanlon

Answer
it honestly sounds like it is time to call a clock professional to come look at it.

Emperor has long been out of business

can you give me the markings off the back of the mechanism?

this is a 3 weight driven grandfather clock? not a spring unit actually?

a manual would not help and they do not exist, only generic set up directions.

more info needed  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders