Clocks, Watches/Emperor clock

Question
A friend moved her clock, 150 miles, it no longer ran.  By leveling I got it to run but the chime/dong isn't working correctly.  When it was, barely, chiming, I could watch the "paddle" spinning and it would spin fast (as I think it should) but then slow to barely spin as it was about to hit a note, after hitting a note spin fast again then slow way down, ....
  I notice when adjusting between the three different chimes it did not slide over to the new chime as I moved the lever.  

I suspect could need oiling/cleaning?  Is there a manual w/ instructions on doing this (more detailed than: "remove from case and oil with appropriate oil in all lubrication points".  I'm not a complete idiot but hate to take apart more than is necessary so could use some detail in helping out my friend.  
ps nearest clock repair person is 100 miles away w/ a one year waiting list.
thanks,
L D A

Answer
LD, I cannot give you much detailed information as I do not know the model of the clock movement.  That information is found on the back of the clock movement itself.  If you will give me that information I will be able to help you further.  If the clock hasn't been serviced in the last 7 to 10 years, the lubricants have probably become gummy and/or there are worn parts.  As time increases between service periods, this all increases.  If you will contact me at my shop email address below with the model information, I will send you some basic instructions and labeled photos of the lubrication points.  Please reference this Allexperts question.  You will also need oil and grease designed for the clock industry.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman