Clocks, Watches/emperor grandfather clock

hello john,i have a jauch 77 100m movement in my clock.iwant toget the hermle 451 conversion but what im hearing is the face dial feet from the jauch dont match up with the there a movement that does or maybe i should get my jauch repaired.3 chain wheels need bushings thats all that wobles.if i go with a conversion how would you mount the dial/face plate? is their a conversion for the 77 100m moon dial by hermle if so do you know what part # they would fist grandfather clock ive taken the movement out to be fixed but not sure how to put a retro fit back in.newbie at this,thanks hope you can help,milt.

Milt, I've got just a minute right now, but contact me at my shop email address below and I will give you some detailed information tomorrow.

Basically, the dial feet between different manufacturers and models rarely match up.  There is a simple process for doing this conversion.  The restoration of a Jauch 77 is a toss up as to the condition and how much restoration has to be done to make it reliable.  That is why the conversion kit was developed.  I have the complete conversion instructions and offer email and phone support with my kits.  There are other conversion kit suppliers and I will be glad to give you their contact information, as my service at Allexperts is to give answers and advice and let you make the choices.  Look forward to hearing from you.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)