Clocks, Watches/Emperor movement 100M

Question
Hello John, I saw an old question/answer from 2006 regarding the subject movement where you said this movement could replaced with a Hermle 451-050 I'm movement.  You went on to say other parts would be needed to make this change, and that, if the old movement was sent to you, you could do the re-build and return it ready to install.  If you are still in the repair business, and all parts are available, how much would if cost to perform the repair as described?  Thanks.

Answer
Mike, there is a conversion kit used to replace the Emperor 100M (Jauch 77) with a 101M (Hermle 451).  This includes all parts needed for the conversion.  I have the kits that use the original dial, weight shells, pendulum and, gong assembly.  There are other kits available that replace the dial (moving moon dial), a wooden stick pendulum with bob, polished weight shells and fillings, gong assembly, hands and hardware.

I send conversion instructions I have written with my conversion kits, but if you don't feel comfortable with doing it yourself, I send instructions for removing the complete assembly and sending the movement, dial and movement/dial frame (all still assembled), and I will do the conversion for you.  Either way, you have to realign the chime and strike hammers after installing the assembly back in the clock.

Understand that I am here as an Allexperts volunteer, to offer advice and not provide a repair service or parts sales.  However, if hard to find parts are not available elsewhere, I do offer them if we have exhausted other sources.  If you are interested in a conversion kit, I can do some checking and see who presently has them.  With my kits I do offer phone and email support for the conversion.  I am familiar with the process, as I was plant engineer at Emperor and helped write the conversion kit article for the American Watch and Clockmakers Institute's publication, "Horological Times".  If you would like further details, you can contact me at my shop email address below.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman