Clocks, Watches/Quartz movement Seth Thomas clock

RickG wrote at 2013-04-03 14:52:37
We just disassembled a Hermle 2215 mechanism in an attempt to repair it.  The hands had stopped moving but the chime still worked (sound familiar).  We are not clock repair experts but it is obvious the problem is a very poor design that used inexpensive plastic parts in high stress areas.  The problem on our unit is a plastic gear that separated from its shaft and now "floats" on a spindle.  It was most likely assembled with a drop of glue that eventually broke loose from the constant stress of driving the hands.  Given their expertise, I cannot believe Hermle does not know exactly what is wrong but does not want to accept the responsibility of replacing the faulty units.  Now my problem is where to find a replacement unit that fits.

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.