Clocks, Watches/Franz Hermle & John

Question
I have recently inherited a clock by Franz Hermle & John. The details on the movement are Two(2) Jewels, Unadjusted, Made in Germany 340-021A
Do you have any more detail on it, including the value.
Many thanks

Answer
HI Alan,

The movement you have is a Hermle movement. I can't give you a value since I don't even know wha the case looks like. You can do your own research on Ebay under "completed listing" to see what they sold for.

The two jewels tells me it is either a "floating balance" or a "platform escapement" movement. That means it does not have a pendulum. This is good since the clock does not have to be perfectly level to run.

I don't do appraisals on this site.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti