Clocks, Watches/Jauch

Question
QUESTION: John,  
I have an Emperor clock I built back around 1977 that has a Jauch "77" movement that has finally wore out and cannot be saved money wise. can you tell me where I can obtain a replcement movement or tell me which Hermle conversion replacement should be used. I only need the movement as the chains,weights,pendulum,chime rods,and clock face are all reuseable. Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated as this clock has been part of every day life for many years.
Thanks,
Robert  Cox

ANSWER: Robert, there are conversion kits available for the replacement of the Jauch 77 movements.  They do include the movement (which comes with chains from the factory), a pendulum top hook (adapts the pendulum to the new movement), and one lead weight(the chime weight has to be increased for the new movement).  As the conversion movement is slightly different from the original, mounting shims and longer screws are provided.  The dial assembly also has to be modified slightly.  If the dial has the moving moon dial feature, the drive lever has to be modified.  If you will contact me at my shop email address below, I will give you some more details.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.

QUESTION: John,
Thank you so much for your prompt response. While checking out the Internet this A.M. I found the last of three original "77" movements available that came out of Emperor stock that had never been used and are in original unused condition. I decided after much searching that this was the way to go. It only includes the movement and clock face and all I really wanted was the movement anyway. As I said in my previous letter the original lasted approx. 35 years so if this one is half that good it will outlast me.  Thanks again to you for your help.
Robert Cox

Answer
Great!  I'm glad you found the movement.  I do have a question and some information for you.  Can you email me at my shop email address below?  Thanks.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Clocks, Watches

John Newman