Clocks, Watches/Korean Centurion 35 day Wall Clock

Question
My Centurion 35 day clock works perfect except it only chimes two times at 12:00, all other chimes match the hour. Thank you for your time and any help. Bucky

Answer
Bucky, your clock has the typical rack and snail strike mechanism.  There is a problem with the rack dropping down on the snail.  The description is of one I have never heard (I see something new each day!).  I don't know how mechanical minded you are, but if you remove the hands and dial and take a clear photo and email it to me, I might be able to instruct you on resolving the problem.  After the initial photo, I will be able to ask you some questions as far as the sequence of what is happening.  Stop the clock from running, set the time to 1:45 and remove the hands.  There might be a nut to remove for the minute hand AND the hour hand.  Notice how they come off.  Put the minute hand back on.  Just hold it there and you do not have to put the nut back on.  Turn the minute hand until you see the tail of the rack fall on the snail.  Now take the photo (don't do anything else I haven't told you).  That's what I would like to see.  If you don't feel comfortable doing this, it should be looked at by an experienced clockmaker.  My email address is below.  

BTW, I think I do have a Centurion in my shop and I can look at it to get some further ideas.  However, I have to take a service call and might not return this afternoon.  But send the information if you can and I'll check it when it comes in.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

(Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis
other than Allexperts follow ups.)  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman