Clocks, Watches/parts for a Alaron 31 day clock

Question
John,
I am trying to locate a pendulum and a key for a Alaron 31 day clock.Best of my knowledge it is about 35-40 years old.I saw one that you gave advice on one just like it in 2011.If you need a picture you would need to give me an email address.This is for my wife,it belonged to her parents.Thank you for your help.

Richard

Answer
Richard, these pendulums are not readily available because of the differences in Asian clocks that don't always follow a standard.  I think I have an Alaron in my shop and might have a pendulum or duplicate one.  If you send a photo of the front of the clock, with the door closed, to my shop email address I can check it out.  With the photo I will need one measurement.  That would be from the center of the face (where the hands turn) to the inside bottom of the case.  Also I think that the hanger from which the pendulum hangs (found just behind the bottom of the dial) is hanging a thin rod or wire that has a horizontal bar around 1/8" or a little larger about 1/2" long.  Do you see that?  When I receive all that information I will let you know what I can find.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman