Clocks, Watches/Schatz ships clock snail timing

Question
Michael,

I have a single hammer Schatz 8 day ship bells clock. The chimes are of an eratic sequence. I have accessed the snail, and know where It should be set, but what do I move and or change to gain the proper positioning on the snail? I also need a new hour hand for this movement, by chance do you know where I may get one?

Respectfully

David

Answer
Schatz used 2 or 3 different set ups and I'm not sure what one you have. If you post a good photo of the front of the movement and tell me exactly what strike numbers you get on each 1/2 hour I'll try to help you with it.
The rack and snail are only part of the strike count. There is another part of the strike train that causes the odd/even sequence. I'll go into that further when I see your movement.
Michael

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi