Clocks, Watches/Schatz ships clock snail timing

I have a single hammer Schatz 8 day ship bells clock. The chimes are of an eratic sequence. I have accessed the snail, and know where It should be set, but what do I move and or change to gain the proper positioning on the snail? I also need a new hour hand for this movement, by chance do you know where I may get one?

Schatz used 2 or 3 different set ups and I'm not sure what one you have. If you post a good photo of the front of the movement and tell me exactly what strike numbers you get on each 1/2 hour I'll try to help you with it.
The rack and snail are only part of the strike count. There is another part of the strike train that causes the odd/even sequence. I'll go into that further when I see your movement.

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.