Clocks, Watches/Wood back to a 1900s Seth Thomas ship clock with bell

QUESTION: Can you show me a pic of the clock in subject I have a pic of the one I have

ANSWER: I'm sorry, I thought this was a follow up to an earlier question about a strike count. Do you have a question regarding this clock?

QUESTION: Is the orignal back to this clock

ANSWER: I would say no. The wood looks too fresh and new. Also the wood grain is too small to match the original ones I've seen.

QUESTION: Can one be obtained and also go you now the age of the clock

A lot if these ended up in the junk pile because the metal clock cases deteriorate to the point that they fall apart. You might be able to find a back if you search Ebay every couple days for a few weeks. If you can't find an original you might consider using the back of an old OG clock and cutting your piece from it. The wood will be very dark and look like the original. You would have to stain the edge of the wood where the cut was made.
I think your clock is from the 1880s but my expertise is in parts and repair, not history.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.