Clocks, Watches/Wood back to a 1900s Seth Thomas ship clock with bell

Question
Clock
Clock  
Back
Back  
QUESTION: Can you show me a pic of the clock in subject I have a pic of the one I have

ANSWER: I'm sorry, I thought this was a follow up to an earlier question about a strike count. Do you have a question regarding this clock?

QUESTION: Is the orignal back to this clock

ANSWER: I would say no. The wood looks too fresh and new. Also the wood grain is too small to match the original ones I've seen.

QUESTION: Can one be obtained and also go you now the age of the clock

Answer
A lot if these ended up in the junk pile because the metal clock cases deteriorate to the point that they fall apart. You might be able to find a back if you search Ebay every couple days for a few weeks. If you can't find an original you might consider using the back of an old OG clock and cutting your piece from it. The wood will be very dark and look like the original. You would have to stain the edge of the wood where the cut was made.
I think your clock is from the 1880s but my expertise is in parts and repair, not history.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi