Clocks, Watches/Ansonia Egypt Mantle clock

QUESTION: We inherited this clock and can't find a key to wind it.  The key to our Gilbert mantle clock winds it, so we did get it wound.  How would we go about finding a key for the Ansonia?

Also, it chimes the half hour at about 5 til the hour and it chimes the hour about 25 after.  It has a lovely, soft chime.

You have answered questions for me about our Gilbert clock in the past and it is doing great.  The problem we have, is that we are moving and taking the Gilbert clock with us and the iron Ansonia Egypt clock will stay with our daughter and son-in-law....with no key.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Jan Settles

ANSWER: key:

I would live with the 5 min off - big internal deal for a pro to get inside and alter it

QUESTION: Thank you for the info about where to order a key.  Doing that today.

But, is there any way we can set the clock ourselves?  The minute hand doesn't chime on the 6 it chimes one time on the 11.  And the hour always strikes the correct hour but it strikes on the 5 instead whatever the actual hour is.

Thank you for any further help you can give us.

while it is striking the hour at #5 move the hand clockwise to five minutes after the hour

it will then complete the hour where it should. move the hour hand to point to the the mumber it struck

stop it till the correct time arrives or work the minute hand around clockwise (stopping at the hour and half for the bongs to finish) till you finally get to the current time

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....