Clocks, Watches/Chain location on Emperor Model 100M Movement

Question
Steve,

I just inherited an Emperor Clock, Model 100M Movement, which my father assembled some forty years ago. The chains for the weights have fallen off the gears.  Is there a way that I can reposition them properly on m own, or should I take the movement to an expert repairman?

Tnanks,
Tom

Answer
You can remove the mechanism from the case by taking off the back panel and removing the screws that hold the mounting frame into the case. First, take out the two screws holding in the chime rod assembly board. These are at each end of the board that is mounted horizontally across the top of the case. Remove the board & chime rod set. Now, as you're looking in through the back, you will see 4-6 screws on each side of the frame. Once removed, the frame, movement & dial can be taken out of the clock case. Undoing the two movement mounting screws that hold the movement to the frame (bottom corners of the movement) will allow you to remove the frame. You should now have easy access to remounting the chains onto the sprockets. Whether you should take it to a repairman or not depends on your comfort level in doing this.

Clocks, Watches

Steve Guthrie C.C.