Clocks, Watches/No chimes

Question
clock
clock  
I have Howard Miller wall clock Model #612-215
The problem is the slide adjustment for the different chimes seems loose and not locked into any specific chime, therefore I don't get the chimes on the hour/quarter hour etc

Thanks for your help

Answer
When the chime select is loose it means it's cross-locked in between selections. This usually happens when the selection is changed during a chime. It can be released by pulling all the hammers back toward the movement simultaneously. That frees the chime scroll to move back into the proper position. This is an older model so there is the possibility that the movement may need cleaning & overhaul.

Clocks, Watches

Steve Guthrie C.C.