Clocks, Watches/linden battery operated clock

I have a linden battery operated clock purchased about twnety fives years ago. I went to change the batteries and can not get it to start again. I am thinking the " brain mechanism " has gone bad. The mechanism operates on two " c " batteries and reads " Hermle Quartz 1217 made in germany ". Is a replacement mechanism avaiable and if so where? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi John,
Hermle still makes movements but I don't recognize your model number. You could try
Otherwise you should be able to put in a movement of another manufacturer. German movements use hands with slightly smaller mounting holes than most so you should get a new pair of hands with the movement too.
Here are links to the quartz movements I sell:

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.