Clocks, Watches/Old Clock

This clock winds up and the girl and the boy go back and forth on the seesaw I was wondering of you might know where it is from.
If not that is ok. thank you

Joe, your clock is a Lux (Waterbury, Connecticut) or Keebler (Chicago, Illinois).  It is known as a Pendulette.  Keebler did not manufacture the clocks but had Lux put their name on them.  They are very popular collector's items.  There have been a lot of modern copies made, fake or reproduction.  Generally, the difference is that a fake will have the original company's name on it and touted to be original.  A reproduction will have the new manufacturer's name on it and/or the country of manufacture.  The older cases were made form sawdust and resin by The Syracuse Ornamental Company.  After WWII, they made the cases from plastic.  I think that later they used plastic backs  From the photos you included, it looks like yours might be a modern clock with the plastic back case. If you will Google Lux clocks, Keebler clocks or Lux clock manufacturing company, you can see how popular they are and will find some historical information on them.  Also check eBay for Lux and Keebler clocks for a good view of the different types.  Who knows, your clock might be the beginning of a collection!

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)