Clocks, Watches/Re- Seth Thomas #2 wall clock

Question
Case Label
Case Label  

Clock
Clock  
Mr.Saunders, I'm getting back to you on your questions to me so that we might be able to date this S.T. #2 clock. I wondered also if the movement appears to be original. As far as the movement goes, it is in fact mounted on a cast iron base that has been painted black. This plate then screws into the back of the case with four screws.
As for the case, at first I could see no marks. After a closer look,out in direct sunlight, I could barely make out something on the back behind the movement.  Black stenciling about 1" high. Getting the wood slightly wet with water, I could make out what seemed to be 1906L ?? (Dec. 1906?). I know that sometimes they put the dates in code written backwards but that does not seem to be the case here.
I am going to try to post some pictures and a pic. of the label on the inside bottom of the case. According to one source I found online,this  dates the case at sometime after 1900.
I'm hopping that this new info. along withe the markings on the movement that I told you of in the previous posting,that we might be able to nail down exactly what I have here.
The glass, face, weight, pendulum, bob, key and hardware all seem to me to be original. The line for the weight was broken. I used some braided nylon 30lb.test fly line and dyed it black. Iknow this is not right but it was good enough to let me know if the clock was working. It is possible that the pulley has been replaced, but seems to be correct.(It was at least polished)
After a little research, restringing, hanging, trial & error, adjustments, I am really happy to say the clock runs GREAT!!
 The only thing wrong with the clock is that the case is in TERRIBLE condition. That is not a complaint. I was very fortunate and the clock just sort of found me. I love it. I may post later to see what can be done about peeling veneer and finish etc., but for now I am just going to enjoy it.
  Please let me know what you think about dates. If you have any other questions or suggestions let me know. I want to thank you so much for your time and help on this matter. It is greatly appreciated. This is a great forum for newbies like myself to get help and answers.
 Highest regards, Brad

Answer
you might like running through these photos--just keep clicking on "next model"

http://antiqueseththomasclocks.com/Seth-Thomas-1004.php

I would go with December 1906 for a manufacture date.

you might try glue on the joint seperation in the round wood rim-- big clamp to hold it

I would leave the rest for a year or two and not rush into any thing else.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders