Clocks, Watches/Repair & Replace label

I have the 'Adamantine' mantle clock.  The label on the back is torn and the middle portion is missing.  Is there anyway I can replace the label?   The label has the instructions for use and repair.  The stamp on the back is very faint and can only make out 198.  The number of the label itself is 295.

The clock hasn't ran for about 10 years.  The clock itself is in excellent condition.  I will need a trustworthy repair person.   The clock has been handed down through the family and to me its a treasure!  

Any info you can give me will be appreciated.  

Thank you, J. Chavez

Seth Thomas purchased the "plastic" laminate process from another company and called it the "Adamanatine", which they used on their clocks.  For the labels, you can try some of the clock suppliers such as Timesavers and Merritts Antiques.  They do have some reproduction labels and On-line catalogs.  Just Google the names and you might find the label you are looking for.  If you will contact me at my shop email address below with the area in which you live, I will see if there are any of our Internet Clocksmiths members near you.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)