Clocks, Watches/size battery

Question
I have a small glass clock that has the numbers GU168 on it that
uses a 1.5v small battery.  I tried to replace it with another 1.5 volt but it doesn't work.  Can you tell me what battery number I should be using? Quartz NO (0) JEWELS UNADJUSTED MADE IN TAWAIN
Thanks for any info you might have.

Answer
it looks like a regular AA or AAA battery but they will not FIT or they fit but the clock does not work? not sure of what you are saying?

if the battery you replace it with is GOOD and you put it in right (not backwards) then the clock is NG

if you battery you are trying is too large --the clock may require a N size battery (just a bit shorter)  most pharmacies and hardware have them  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders