Clocks, Watches/Striking mechanism on grandfather clock

QUESTION: My grandfather clock is a two weight movement.  The striking  weight runs nonstop straight to the bottom.  I was. Told there is a broken part any idea what it could be? And where I can get one

ANSWER: you say "runs" nonstop---you mean it stikes 100+ times as the weight goes to the bottom?

need the maker of the movement --any info on the back of the mechanism itself?

QUESTION: Yes, it strikes and the weight goes down.  I will have to get my husband to take the works out and look at the back to see if there are any stampings.  I think the part is called the anchor.,  someone here tried to fix this one but it did not work.  I will get back to you.   Thanks for your prompt reply

only "anchor" in a clock is in the timekeeping train and has nothing to do with the striking

who made the clock?

how old?

could be just a pin on a gear broken- in any case a job for a pro

but if you can easily remove the movement --just bring it to the clock repair person!

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....