You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Verchron Quartz West,omster Chime


The battery pack with the chime part is no longer working. Do you know if and where I could purchase another battery pack with the chime?  I've been searching the internet but have had no luck.  Any suggestions?  The battery pack has the word Takane on it if that's any help.

Thank you for any help you can offer.


Hi Karen,

Here is a link to the movement that is usually in the Verichron clocks.

This has a bim/bam movement. It only strikes on the hour and 1/2 hour.

If you want a different movement that has a few choices like Westminster/Ava Maria/ bim bam/ gong on each hour/ night shut off, you can contact Mark Butterworth for a "quad" movement.  (563) 263-6759.

I just replaced a Verichron quartz with a time only, pendulum movement. The hands to the older clock did not fit the new movement. I had to put new "spade" hands on the clock.
You can get spade hands with the "I" minute hand at Measure from the hole in the dial to the chapter ring where the numbers end to get the minute hand size. You would need something like this with the "I" shape in the minute hand.

Some newer movements require "push on" hands. Make sure you get the right hands. The quad and other movement above use "I" hands.

Here is a link on how to measure for a new movement:

If you need more information write back.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marilyn Bellotti


This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.


29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]