Clocks, Watches/Verichron Wall Clock stopped

I have recently ordered and received a vintage verichron schoolhouse clock exactly like that was in my childhood home.  I'm guessing it has been refurbished but I'm not sure.  It has a black plastic "housing" on the back that holds two AA batteries, has a dial for setting the time, a start/stop switch, and a hook for holding and swinging the pendulum.  When I received it, I accidentally started pushing the hour hand to set the time.  Realized it quickly and stopped, but when I tried setting it by pushing the minute hand around, it wouldn't move the hour hand with it.  We pushed the minute and hour hand separately to the correct time, put the batteries in, and it ran for about two hours then stopped.  Now it won't do anything.  Not sure if I caused this problem, or if it had one to begin with. By the way, we did all of this before we noticed that it had a dial on the back to set it.  I remembered my dad pushing the minute hand to set ours.  Thanks!  I can send an image if it would help.

probably time to replace the plastic mechanism  the mechanism needs to be removed and measured on the handshaft for length and an photo of the mechanism and we can perhaps tell you how to get a new one ($25) if you do not want to do this yourself -I can explain how---take it to a clock repair shop.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....