Clocks, Watches/Verichron Wall Clock stopped

Question
I have recently ordered and received a vintage verichron schoolhouse clock exactly like that was in my childhood home.  I'm guessing it has been refurbished but I'm not sure.  It has a black plastic "housing" on the back that holds two AA batteries, has a dial for setting the time, a start/stop switch, and a hook for holding and swinging the pendulum.  When I received it, I accidentally started pushing the hour hand to set the time.  Realized it quickly and stopped, but when I tried setting it by pushing the minute hand around, it wouldn't move the hour hand with it.  We pushed the minute and hour hand separately to the correct time, put the batteries in, and it ran for about two hours then stopped.  Now it won't do anything.  Not sure if I caused this problem, or if it had one to begin with. By the way, we did all of this before we noticed that it had a dial on the back to set it.  I remembered my dad pushing the minute hand to set ours.  Thanks!  I can send an image if it would help.

Answer
probably time to replace the plastic mechanism  the mechanism needs to be removed and measured on the handshaft for length and an photo of the mechanism and we can perhaps tell you how to get a new one ($25) if you do not want to do this yourself -I can explain how---take it to a clock repair shop.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders