Clocks, Watches/clock Treton

Question
Mr Radi,I found a watch and now I am trying to determine whether it is valuable enough. It is a solid wooden wall clock with a pendulum and a sign reading "Treton" on its face. On its backside it's written "Made in Korea, Beacon". Actually, it is all I have about it. The problem is I cannot find any information about this Beacon brand for wall clocks. Is it possible that this clock is a replica of the German cocks Treton produced during 1938-1960? Does it has any value? Could you help me?

Answer
Hi Jovka, I think you are right about your clock being a replica of a German clock. Korean movements are not of very good quality but they were used in a wide variety of clock styles, some of them are very good looking. The cases can be anything to cheaply made average looking to hand carved and very good quality.
The name on the clock really doesn't mean anything. The Korean factories put anything on them that they though would make them marketable worldwide.
The bottom line is; that your clock is not a collectors, antique, item. But it may be a good looking functioning piece that you can enjoy.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi