Clocks, Watches/Hamilton mantle clock chime and strike

My Hamilton clock chime and strike are off by 1/4 hour; i.e, it chimes and strikes the hour on the 3/4 hr position -- how can I reset it to have chime and strike correctly?

Remove the small nut holding the minute hand on at it's center. Remove the minute hand and rotate it 90 clockwise and replace. If it's pointing at the 9, remove it and then put it back on so it's pointing at the 12. Replace the hand nut & tighten. At the next hour, move the hour hand so it's pointing directly at the hour(it will be slightly off). The clock should now chime at the correct time.

Clocks, Watches

Steve Guthrie C.C.

A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:

Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.

I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.