You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Legant suspension spring


I purchased a Legant wall clock, made in 1978.  The suspension spring on the pendulum rod was broken, looks like it was twisted off.  Can I replace this myself? How does it connect to the movement?

LeGant's used a Korean made movement and none of the parts suppliers will have a replacement spring for it. You may have to find one on eBay that can be scrapped for parts. A repairman counld make a new spring for it but it's difficult to find one that will service Asian made movements.

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steve Guthrie C.C.


A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:


Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.


I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

Past/Present Clients
General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.

©2017 All rights reserved.