Clocks, Watches/Schmeckenbecher Conundrum

Question
Back
Back  

Front
Front  
Hi Kenneth, I picked up a Schmeckenbecher "74" 261-030A 55cm/88.200 wall clock at a yard sale for a dollar#no weights or pendulum#. I did some research and got the correct pendulum and new weights #filled to 4.7 pounds exactly with lead shot#. I removed the clock works, set up a test stand and ran the clock to fine tune the time. What is happening is the half hour chime does nothing, the fly fan loads but does not activate the hammers. The fly fan again loads properly just prior to the hour but it chimes the half hour and does not completely move over allowing the rack to reach the snail. When activated by hand the chiming mechs work fine.

Can you point me in the right direction to obtain the drawings for this unit or a good manual/book so I can disassemble this clock and really learn what is going on. I've been successful in repairing two Urgos movements by reverse engineering #I'm a Marine Engineer# but on this one I am stuck. I've attached two pictures of the patient in the test stand.  

I would appreciate any and all help!

Rich

Answer
lift levers
lift levers  
your movement was made by Hermle --this is the only manual:

http://timesavers.com/search.html?q=15154&go=Search

as to your problem - there is a two pointed cam on the minute hand shaft that lifts the lift lever on the half and hour-- a little higher on the hour to allow the rack to fall more than the one tooth allowed on the half hour. You are just not getting enough lift so that it does not allow any tooth on the half and only one tooth on the hour.

simply insert a wide blade screw driver at the point indicated and pry apart the two parallel black arms of the lift lever slightly and test -- too much spread and you get too much lift and you will get the hour strike at both the half AND the hour! see photo attached

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders