Clocks, Watches/Ansonia mantel clock

Question
I have been playing around with the speed of my clock.  It was running too fast.  I adjusted the S & F on the front of the clock, moved the pendulum up and down.  I don't know what exactly I did since I have been monkeying around with it for quite awhile, but now it runs on time (or close enough to make me happy) but now it only chimes once no matter the hour.  It didn't use to.  Don't know if I want it running fast, but chiming correctly or running on time, but not chiming correctly!

Answer
Hi Deb,
I think you are talking about the strike count, not the chimes. Chimes play music, strike counts the hour and usually once on the half hour.
Ansonia used two different designs of strike control and I don't know what one you have. The adjustments are most likely on the front of the movement. If you are interested in either taking the face off the clock or removing the entire clock movement from the case you can send me a photo and I will help you make the adjustment.
Michael

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi