Clocks, Watches/Bertmar Mantel Clock

Question
I have a Bertmar Mantel Clock passed down through my family to me and know nothing about the clock itself. I was hoping you could shed some light on this wonderful antique clock I have. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Kelly

Answer
Kelley, I have very little knowledge of the Bertmar clocks.  I have seen some information on the Internet concerning them.  It might be one of those situations where a small company had parts made for them and sold under their name or they assembled the parts.  You can obtain some information by Googling "Bertmar Clock History".  I think their main interest was watches.  If the clock movement has any information on the back plate, follow up on all experts and I might be able to give you some specific information.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman