Clocks, Watches/chimes not operating

Question
QUESTION: I have a hermle black forest clock 451-060h 94cm 66 movement.
I built it from kit from emperor clock co. Was bought in early 90's
just getting to building it as i am retired. clock does not chime or strike at all.clock is level.What is my problem. Thank You. Claude

ANSWER: Claude, there can be a few causes for a functioning failing.  Being stored for 20 years could mean that the oils have become gummy and parts have jammed.  Have you cleaned an oiled it?  Some of these come with a silence lever extending to the right of the movement.  In the up position it is silent, down allows it to chime and strike.  The strike will not work unless the chime completes it's hour chime.  Also make sure the heaviest weight (6.6## is on the chime #right side) of the clock.  Level would not have anything to do with it.  Let me know what you find.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Located in Old Prattvilage
Prattville, Alabama   

QUESTION: i have the heaviest weight on the right side and the chime lever in the correct position.since i sent the last e-mail i have found that the clock will not run past 1:35.is it possible for you to e-mail a copy of clock works that show how to oil it. i was a mercedes benz tech.so i think i could oil the clock if i had directions. thank you.

Answer
Claude, I am away from my shop computer and will be back in my shop Wednesday.  I will send you some oiling instructions and photos if you will contact me at the email address below.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

NOTE:  Due to my committment to answering Allexperts questions and follow ups in a timely manner, and the backlog at my clock shop, I am not able to answer personal email questions immediately.  I will try to reply as soon as time permits.  I apologize for the delays.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman