Clocks, Watches/clock is too fast

How can I get this clock to give proper time?  This clock is in a crystal base and very pretty....The name on the front face is Shannon/quarts. On the inside it says 12888 Young Town Quart. I put a new battery in and it started running but the time is too fast. Help??

Hi Shirley,

Only the very older battery movements (20 plus years) have a fast/slow adjustments. The newer quartz movements need to be replaced when they stsrt acting up.

You can try to put a new battery in it. The copper top batteries fit a bit better in the battery comapartment. Other than that you will need to replace the movement.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist