Clocks, Watches/Loss of Grandfather Clock

Our home and all contents destroyed by fire 7 weeks ago.  Attempting to identify contents & value of same.  We had a beautiful grandfather clock, traditional, dark finish, with 4 chume selections. ,oom phrases & a 8-day wind.  Can you help with approx. value?  Also had a 4 foot round Howard Miller wall clock purchased in 1990.  Do you have input on this?  Thank you so very much.

Hi Barbara,

I'm so sorry for the fire and the loss of your valuables. We, here on Long Island, lost a lot to Super Storm Sandy.

Here's what I did. I searched on line for the type of clocks that I had. When I found one that was similar I got a photo of it and the value and printed it with the website for verification.

It's going to take some time. Ebay "completed listings" is one area to look but ebay sells cheaper than other auction houses or clock shop sales. Just keep searching and you will find something. You can also try Howard Miller website for similar clocks.

Here is are two websites I found some of my clocks on:

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist