Clocks, Watches/Loss of Grandfather Clock

Question
Our home and all contents destroyed by fire 7 weeks ago.  Attempting to identify contents & value of same.  We had a beautiful grandfather clock, traditional, dark finish, with 4 chume selections. ,oom phrases & a 8-day wind.  Can you help with approx. value?  Also had a 4 foot round Howard Miller wall clock purchased in 1990.  Do you have input on this?  Thank you so very much.

Answer
Hi Barbara,

I'm so sorry for the fire and the loss of your valuables. We, here on Long Island, lost a lot to Super Storm Sandy.

Here's what I did. I searched on line for the type of clocks that I had. When I found one that was similar I got a photo of it and the value and printed it with the website for verification.

It's going to take some time. Ebay "completed listings" is one area to look but ebay sells cheaper than other auction houses or clock shop sales. Just keep searching and you will find something. You can also try Howard Miller website for similar clocks.

Here is are two websites I found some of my clocks on:
www.liveauctioneers.com
www.clockguy.com

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti