Clocks, Watches/problem getting clock to operate.

I just acquired a verichron wallclock. It is battery operated and has a pendulum. The clock has doors which open over the face of the clock and over the pendulum. The clock was made by Harris and Mallow. Its a sudsity of Thomas Industry. Model number is 351. "Ca" and "8176yo" is also written on the tag/sticker. I am at a loss as to why it does not operate. Please advise. Thank you.

Most battery operated movements don't last more than 10 or 15 years. Your clock is considerably older than that. It would probably be pretty simple to replace the movement with a quartz one. The price will be based on the features. Time and pendulum movements are less than $20.00 (shipping within the United States included). If you need a movement that chimes it will be more expensive.
If you sent me a picture of your clock movement I can help you pick out a replacement.  
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.