Clocks, Watches/Emperor Clock Model 101

Question

My father built an emperor clock model 101 High Paller bridge.  It as stopped running.  The pendulum will not move on its own.  We think that it is the suspension spring 21-6.  In the installation and operation instructions it only give the number 21-6.  I'm not sure what that means.  Can you tell me what size spring I should order.

Thanks,

Nancy

Answer
Hi Nancy,

It's hard to tell you what suspension spring to get.
The model number the case maker uses for their clocks do not help me.

The information you gave me about the suspension spring itself leads me to believe you may be looking for this suspension spring.
http://www.perrinwatchparts.com/product/3410.aspx.

I take them out and look at them before I order suspension springs. There are so many to choose from. The one in the photo looks like a common one for a Grand father clock.

The numbers that do help are located on the back of the movement in the lower right hand corner. They can start with 131-.... or 151-.... or many other movements that are used in Grandfather clocks.

You can see in the website above that this suspension spring fits the movements that have the following numbers...these are the first numbers before the dash of the complete movement number.
Fits FHS movements 131, 141, 151, 241, 261, 341, 351, 352, 451, 1051, 1151.030

If you find the full movement number you can call any clock part supply distributor such as the one above. Or www.Merritts.com or www.Timesavers.com and they can help you find the correct spring for your clock.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti