Clocks, Watches/garfield wall clock with moving eyes and tail

i just got this clock, and the lady forgot to send the tail with it. i am waiting for the tail, but in the meantime i cant get the clock to it true that you have to have the tail for it to work. belinda

Hi Belinda,

If the clock is a battery operated clock the tail is not needed for the clock to keep time...that is usually the case with battery operated clocks.

Check the battery to see if it has enough power. Copper top batteries tend to sit better in the holders so you may want to try one of them.

You can check if the tail is needed by moving the piece that the tail hangs on. As you move it back and forth a few times see if the minute hand moves.

Usually the pendulums are run by magnets repelling each other. This has nothing to do with the  time keeping.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist