Clocks, Watches/Identify mantel chime clock

Question
Front
Front  

Back
Back  
We inherited a clock that we have no idea if it is old & should be repaired or if its just a reproduction.  The name is solar & has a identification number on the back panel door

Answer
Colleen, I would say that your clock is definitely not a reproduction.  It is considered an Art Deco style probably for the 1930's.  I am not familiar with the "Solar" brand.  However, it is a nice looking clock and definitely considered a collectible.  It is probably German, possibly English which could have a German movement in it.  When a customer asks me if their clock is worth fixing, I tell them that I will give them an estimate and then they can decide whether to have the work done.  Clocks that have been in the family or have sentimental value usually get repaired.  Many times the repair bill is more than the clock is worth if it is to be sold, but to many customers, their clocks are priceless and bring back family memories.  If you will Google "German Art Deco Mantel Clock" you will find some clocks almost identical to yours.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy your clock.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Colleen, I am sorry but I should have suggested you go to eBay and check out "German Art Deco Mantel Clock".  You will probably find something by Googling, but the eBay reference is what I was thinking.

John  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman