Clocks, Watches/pins

Question
How do I set- up the gathering pin in a Hermle 1977 451  053 made in West Germany Piper grandfather Clock?  It will only strike one for all hours>

Answer
Hi Ruth. The gathering pin needs to be out of the way when the strike is completed so the rack can drop during the warning of the next strike.
Watch the gathering pin through a strike cycle. It should pick up one tooth on the rack for each strike count. At the end of the last strike the pin should be at about the 9:00 or 10:00 position so it will not be in the way when the rack drops for the next hour.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi