Clocks, Watches/RE: Ridgeway clock - Grandfather

Question
Hi My husband purchased a Ridgway clock at an auction several years ago, and is just now getting around to repairing it.  We have no idea what it needs but it appears to be in good shape.  My question is can one tell from the serial number the age or any other information about this clock.  We are not looking for its value, as we are giving it to our daughter for her new home. It is small and I would think it might be termed "grandmother" clock- but the current Ridgeway on-line catalog only lists the term grandfather. The serial # on the door is 91024696.  I am curious as to the age of the clock!
I thank you for reading this request, and for any info you could give on what may turn out to be a "labor of love" - as our daughter really likes the clock!!

Answer
Marie,  I do have some Ridgeway catalogs and technical manuals, but there is no reference to dates.  I am not sure about this, but some of the manufacturers included the date in the serial number. If it was in the number you gave me, I would say that the clock was manufactured in 1991.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman