Clocks, Watches/Ridgeway GF Clock minute hand slow progress

Question
QUESTION: I recently bought a 1980's ridgeway clock with a UW 66005 movement. I have no idea on its history.  Initially it ran really fast, like 67 beats per minute, gaining hours per day, so I concluded it had the wrong length pendulum. So I extended the pendulum by about 4 inches and now it beats exactly 60 per minute and the second hand stays synchronized with other clocks all day long.

But the minute hand loses about 4 minutes per hour. I have noticed there is a slip gear on the minute hand shaft that isolates it from the escapement mechanism while setting the clock. Is it possible it is slipping an not permitting the minute hand from getting it's full push every second, thus not making the full trip around in an hour?

As a point of interest, when I first go this clock when I moved the minute hand, the second hand would spin around quickly.

I originally thought the hand was falling back (from gravity) as it climbed from 30 to 60 minutes, but it loses time equally between 0 and 30 minutes and between 30 and 60 minutes.

Chiming still seems synched with he minute hands, (eg when it points to 15, 30 45) so the entire mechanism is failing to advance.

Any ideas?

ANSWER: Not all grandfather clocks are 60 beats per minute.
Don't pay attention to the second hand. It's for decoration only. It is attached to the escape wheel and with your clock it will not track once per minute.

I looked up your movement and it is listed as beating 3857 times per hour. Divided by 60 that would be 63.33 beats per minute. You need to shorten you pendulum in order for your clock to keep time.
Let me know if this does not solve your time keeping problem.

QUESTION: re: Don't pay attention to the second hand. It's for decoration only.

That is the best advice I have gotten to remedy this issue.

It all makes sense now. I am so used to second hands that work. I am sure I am on the right track now.

Answer
Yes, we are all used to being able to count on second hands for time keeping. In clocks like yours the second hand is attached to a shaft that comes directly off the escape wheel. So the hand turns the same RPMs as that gear. A pendulum needs do be about 3 feet long to beat 60 times per minute. Any other length will change that.
Incidentally: I have a wall regulator that has a second hand that makes a revolution about every 40 seconds.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi