Clocks, Watches/Seth Thomas Helmsman E537-001

Question
QUESTION: Dear Michael,
My Seth Thomas Helmsman needs repair.  It is probably German made (7 jewels) according to a previous answer to another customer of yours.  A local repairman said he would charge $125 to open the case and look at it, mentioning he probably would have to replace the jewels.  Can you give me a ball park estimate what you would charge?  It's been on a boat for a while but I don't know how old it is, and I assume you also have a minimum required to check it out.
Thanks,
Ken

ANSWER: Hi Ken,
I would call a $125.00 charge to open it up and look at it extremely high. The jewels are only used in the escapement and it is highly unlikely that they would ever need replacing. Jewels hardly ever wear out so I'm not sure where this clock repair person is going with this.
Usually rebuilding involves cleaning the movement and installing bushings in the pivot points of the gear shafts.  This is the area that wear occurs. The mainspring barrels can also get worn out and may need repair or replacement.
Before I offer my services I would like to know who made the movement in the clock. Can you take the movement out and see what is stamped on the back?
Michael
www.norkro.com

QUESTION: Thanks for the Quick response, Michael.  On the back of the clock is:
SETH THOMAS  DIV. OF GENERAL TIME CORP.  THOMASTON, CONN. U.S.A.
On the face at the bottom it says GERMAN MOVT.
If you wanted me to remove the interior movement from the brass case, I'm not sure how to do that.  Should I remove the 3 screws holding the printed faceplate under the glass lense?
Ken

ANSWER: It probably has a Hermle movement in it. That's good news from a repair standpoint because parts are still being made.
The movement should be mounted to a plate behind the face. Remove the hands. There should be a small nut holding the minute hand on. Then remove the 3 screws near the edge of the face. The face should come off revealing the movement mounting plate. Remove the screws near the edge (probably 3 screws). Now the movement and mounting plate should come out the front. I'm looking for markings stamped on the back of the movement.

QUESTION: Hi Michael,
this is stamped on th back of the inside movement:
PAT'D, USA 2976673
FOREIGN PATENTS PENEING
MADE IN GERMANY FOR
SETH THOMAS CLOCKS
THOMASTON, CONN. USA
SEVEN (7) JEWELS
A207-000  
6713
If you can clean & repair or replace and repair what is a ball park amount and what's the best way to ship it to you?  Thanks,  Ken

Answer
sorry for the long delay on getting back to you.
I would not know how much the repair would be until I inspect the movement. If it is in really bad shape we could put a new movement in the clock. They are still being made. Let me know if you are interested in that. If you want to do it yourself I can put you in contact with the movement importers.
Michael

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi