Clocks, Watches/verichon 31 day clock with key

The clock strikes 12 chimes on every hour and 1 chime on every half hour.  I expected it it strike 1 chime at 1 o'clock, 2 chimes at 2 o'clock etc.  Can you tell me if this can be changed?  Thank you.

Hi Aaron,

This clock is not striking correctly.
The problem could be that the rack is falling behind the snail, therefore always striking 12.
Here is a photo of a rack and snail.
You may have to move the rack tail out so that it falls on the snail.

This photo is for a westminister chime clock so there are extra levers and things...You have a Time and Strike clock so you will only have the rack and snail.

You will need to take off the hands and the dial to correct this.
When you put the hands back on place them where the clock is telling you they need to be. In other words if the clock is striking 3 then put the hour hand on 3 and the minute hand on 12.

Good luck,
Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist