Clocks, Watches/bulova dorchester b1814

bulova dorchester b1814
bulova dorchester b181  
Hi I am new to the world of mechanical timepieces. My father wanted a quarter chiming clock so I started doing some research and bough a Hamilton Greenfield Manor Mantle clock with Hermle movement.

I also purchased A bulova dorchester b1814. However I could not find much information (except for general description in quite a few websites that was almost similar). I would really appreciate if you can give information on the quality of these 2 clocks and particularly on bulova dorchester. Thanks and regards

Anything made in the last 60 years most probably has a German made mechanism-- there were a few more but now only two German makers for the entire world. What I am trying to tell you is that mechanically the quality is identical -- and you can judge the workmanship in the wooden case as well or better than I. Markings on the rear of the mechanism will probably indicate the maker and the year, as it is probably a Hermle made unit also.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....