Clocks, Watches/Escapement Long clock

This long clocks stops.  Has been cleaned and oiled.  The movement has a short tooth escape wheel.  The escape lever is mounted in a rubber hub.  Very low friction is observed between the escape wheel shaft and the lever.  

Should there be considerable friction?  The adjustment does not seem to hold.  What is the solution for the slipping?

What is the procedure to adjust the escapement?

Movement IDs  UI32700D   1403019  URG Made in West Gemany
No Jewels Unadjusted.

Case is Howard Mill Clock Co.  Serial 199732

Weights Two each @10-lbs.  One weight @ 7.4-lbs. Driving the time.

replace the escape lever is one (if you had one)

this is the verge anchor and it has got to be plastic not rubber in the joint

I have used a very small drop of "crazy glue" on the joint and work it side to side till it gives up on the idea of hardening and just adds some friction

the two screws holding the little verge plate and suspension post on the top rear of the movement, may be able to allow the verge to be brought closer to the escape wheel by loosening them and moving the plate lower.

this was an Urgos UW32700D triple chime chain driven movement? but the weights you list are too heavy for this movement, so I am not sure what you have. In all of these movements- the lightest weight is for the strike (left) side.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....