Clocks, Watches/Kieninger timing

I have a new Kieninger HTU movement I just set it up on a test stand to ready it to install in a new clock case, The chimes were working perfectly for about 3 weeks then quit as I was trying to figure out why I discovered that when I put it on the stand I neglected to tighten the set screw on the moon phase gear it vibrated down the minute hand shaft until it lodged under the rack tail and through the chines out time.
I have done research on how to re-time it but to no avail. Can you help at point me in the direction to solve my problem.

John, I'll be glad to try to help you.  There are some questions I will need to ask you.  It will probably be better if we discuss this on the phone to interact and work it out.  I will give you my shop email address below and we can exchange phone numbers.  I do not give or ask for personal contact information on the Internet.  Initially, have you removed or adjusted any parts?  And what do you mean by "re-timing" it?  Do you mean that the chime notes are not playing correctly, they are out of sequence?  Or is it the strike that is not counting out the hours correctly?  I say this because of the jamming of the strike rack would cause a strike problem and possibly not one with chimes.  If you can, give me a step by step description of the problem and we'll see what we can do.

John Newman
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow ups.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)