Clocks, Watches/Urgos moon dial gears

Question
John, I read your response to an earlier question on Urgos UW03xxxx movements regarding the moon dial. My movement is UW03012 and the third gear for the moon dial (with the pin that moves the moon dial) has worn to the point it no longer consistently moves.  Is there a company that handles replacement gears for this moon dial?  This particular gear is plastic and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Thanks!

Answer
Cal, I apologize for the delay in my answer.  I am using a temporary email program, and had briefly lost some of my pending emails.

It is very difficult to obtain parts for dials.  The suppliers just don't stock them.  Clock companies that build clocks and put their names on them obtain the components from other companies and sometimes they will change the supplier, or the supplier will change the design.  The components can be different but they work the same and appear similar from the outside.  To resolve your problem, there are a couple of ways to do this.  First, I would need a clear closeup photo of the gear, the exact diameter, and the number of teeth on the gear.  It would help if you can give me the measurement from the center of the gear to the pin.  This is a rather precision setup and everything has to be exact for it to work.  The second option would be to send me the gear and I can look to see if I have on in my stock or send an inquiry to my Internet Clocksmiths Group.  

Reply to my shop email address below (with the photos if you can) and I will give you more details.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvilliage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman