Clocks, Watches/Viking clock company

I have a Grandfather Clock. It has three chains with three weights. Two sets of chime bars, four bars in set. On the movement is written 85 made for viking clock company, Hermle Black Forest clock 451-050H 94cm 66. This was a gift from friend. I would really like like to know the hole history of this clock? Also it runs a little slow, what can I do? What is the value (ball park)?

Thank You,
David C

Hermle made the movement in Germany in 1985 --Viking made the case--turning the nut under the round swinging disk will raise the disk, shorten the pendulum and make the clock run a little faster(trial and error)

25 years is average life of these before needing overhaul

worth more to you than anyone else-- on the street you might get $150 for it on a good day?

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....