Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller Grandfather Clock

Question
QUESTION: The strangest thing the other night, I heard a crash and looked and the glass door somehow had dropped from its hinges and landed on floor and broke. Can I order a replacement door or do I need to contact a glass company. Also should I replace the hinges and if so where can I purchase them.

Tom
Howard Miller
model 610-748
serial F0180690302

ANSWER: Hi Tom, I will need more information before I can offer my opinion. Was the door completely glass or does it have some sort of frame (wood, metal)?

QUESTION: Hello,

Thanks for your time.

The door is completely glass with a brass latch on the left hand side.

Tom

Answer
thanks for the information Tom.
I've worked with those before. The door will either have to come from Howard Miller (if it's still available) or you will need to have one custom made by a glass shop.
Regarding the hinges; They will need to be inspected to determine if they are usable. It will depend on what caused them to fail. They may have been too loose to hold the door or they may be broken.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Michael

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi