Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller Grandfather Clock

QUESTION: The strangest thing the other night, I heard a crash and looked and the glass door somehow had dropped from its hinges and landed on floor and broke. Can I order a replacement door or do I need to contact a glass company. Also should I replace the hinges and if so where can I purchase them.

Howard Miller
model 610-748
serial F0180690302

ANSWER: Hi Tom, I will need more information before I can offer my opinion. Was the door completely glass or does it have some sort of frame (wood, metal)?

Thanks for your time.

The door is completely glass with a brass latch on the left hand side.

thanks for the information Tom.
I've worked with those before. The door will either have to come from Howard Miller (if it's still available) or you will need to have one custom made by a glass shop.
Regarding the hinges; They will need to be inspected to determine if they are usable. It will depend on what caused them to fail. They may have been too loose to hold the door or they may be broken.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.