Clocks, Watches/King Arthur Clock

Question
We have a Grandfather Clock that I think has been over-wound and is not operational.  Markings on the movement show:   83    King Arthur    Fairhope, AL 36532      with 451-050H   and   94cm/66

Also, the wieghts came apart and can only be kept together with duct tape, so new weights may need to be purchased.  Movement and wood is in excellent condition.

Answer
not over-wound- can not be done with a weight driven clock

made in 1983 so is 30 years old - without having been rebuilt in that time it is now worn badly

probably an entire new movement would be best

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermle-movement-451-050-H-94-cm-New-Grandfather-Clock-/3

weights are held together with a threaded rod down the middle and nuts and hooks on each end which can be replaced cheaper than the entire weight--so what actually is the weight issue?  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders