Clocks, Watches/King Arthur Clock

We have a Grandfather Clock that I think has been over-wound and is not operational.  Markings on the movement show:   83    King Arthur    Fairhope, AL 36532      with 451-050H   and   94cm/66

Also, the wieghts came apart and can only be kept together with duct tape, so new weights may need to be purchased.  Movement and wood is in excellent condition.

not over-wound- can not be done with a weight driven clock

made in 1983 so is 30 years old - without having been rebuilt in that time it is now worn badly

probably an entire new movement would be best

weights are held together with a threaded rod down the middle and nuts and hooks on each end which can be replaced cheaper than the entire weight--so what actually is the weight issue?  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....