Clocks, Watches/Ansonia Royal Bonn mantel pendulum chime clock made in the NY factory.

I studied the winding instructions on e how and my clock is working perfectly telling the time. The chimes sound the correct number of times, but five or so minutes after the hour and half hour. What must I do to coordinate the strikes with the time? The clock was reconditioned recently, but I do not know by whom.

Also wondering if I can use brass cleaner to brighten up the darkened metal rim around the outer perimeter of the face.

Hi Sharon,

If the minute hand has a bit of play in it you can loosen the hand nut holding the minute hand on. Push it back as far back as it can go to the 12 or 6 then tighten it. A pliers may help you "snug" the nut up. Don't over tighten it.

Sometimes turning the minute hand around helps. Sometimes it doesn't.

If that doesn't help then the adjustment is inside the movement and you shouldn't mess with that.

As far as cleaning the bezel: You can, but sometimes the patina of the age of the clock is more desirable for antiques.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist